Migration on Consumer and Provider do not work

Aug 5, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Edited Aug 5, 2014 at 6:20 PM
I'm having issues getting this to run locally so I can debug and see what the code is doing. When I try to create the databases on my Sql Server Express instance, many of the tables do not get created:

Producer Database set up issues:
  • The create of the AdminRole and SuperUserRole hangs and never creates either role
  • The Schools zip never gets loaded, it just hangs (so I commented it out).
Consumer Database set up isses:
  • Missing Assignment table
  • Missing Course table
  • Missing ContentItemTool table
  • Didn't try loading data for states, districts, or schools due to how super slow this was on the producer (and schools never did get populated).
  • SendEmail and SendName columns aren't created on the AspNetUsers table so I had to comment out all references to those fields.
At this point, I have no way to step through the code because I can't get the database set up properly based on the information included in the solution.
Coordinator
Aug 9, 2014 at 6:26 PM
I recommend stepping through SimpleLti12 before trying Consumer/Provider. Simple does not use a database or any "MVC sample app" features like Identity management.

But when you do get to Consumer and Provider, make sure you have created a blank database in the App_Data folder (called "lti-consumer.mdf" for the Consumer project and "lti-provider.mdf" for the Provider project), installed Entity Framework, and enabled migrations. All of the issues you noted in your post are dependent on Entity Framework Code First Migrations.